From the club rules:
The principal object of the Club is to promote and encourage amateur sailing (excluding power boats) without exclusively adopting any particular class or classes of boat, and its subsidary objects are:
- to provide and maintain a Club House containing social and recreational facilities including the supply of intoxicating liquors and other refreshments.
- to provide and maintain a dinghy park with slipways and other facilities for the convenient storage of members' boats adjacent to the water.
- to provide a reasonable number of moorings for members' boats.
- to promote and facilitate the use of the water known as Blue Lagoon.
- to do all such other things as may be consistent with the principal object.